Is there a pool calculator app?

May 30, 2013
I tried to find the actual named calculator but didn't seem to find it. There are a variety of pool calc apps but they all seem to have a variety of pros and cons. Any suggestions??

Apple store app to be specific : )

Thanks in advance!

ha! Thanks guys. I actually did search the site and going by topic subjects, didn't see anything relevant. So I decided to jump to the chase and ask for recommendations.

Honestly, I didn't notice the App icon on top of the pool calculator page. My mistake. Either way, I did see the "pool-calculator" app in the app store, but like I said, it has several disappointing reviews, hence why I asked for other suggestions.

I did end up finding a few decent ones by searching "pool chemicals" within the app store, not just "pool calculator"

Thanks again

I just bought and started using this app: http://thepoolmonitor.com/mobile.aspx It syncs between my iPhone and iPad and stores the data for me. I just started using it, but it's doing exactly what I want. If I could add one thing to it, I wish there was a spot for CC and the ability to edit the date field.

I hadn't seen the pool calculator had an app and I went through the app store and read reviews and looked at the pictures.

Edited to add: Although there isn't a spot for CC, there are spots for TC and FC. (Simple math can deduce the CC.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
miller9951 said:
Is there an update coming out for the pool calculator app? I have been using it for a long time but ever since I updated my iPhone 5 to IOS7 the app will no longer open. It will try to open but then it just shuts back down.

Given historical trends ... doubtful. It is not owned by anyone affiliated with this forum.

jblizzle said:
miller9951 said:
Is there an update coming out for the pool calculator app? I have been using it for a long time but ever since I updated my iPhone 5 to IOS7 the app will no longer open. It will try to open but then it just shuts back down.

Given historical trends ... doubtful. It is not owned by anyone affiliated with this forum.

Bummer, I too have been using it for years. Not sure what the heck I'm going to do now..... Sugestions Anyone?

BTW, Jason, For some reason I thought you wrote the original one. Did you sell it or am I mistaken?

JasonLion wrote it and sold it ... then the new owner abandoned it.

Note that we now recommend PoolMath for browser use that is being maintained and upgraded ... who knows, maybe JasonLion will make some new apps although I have no idea if that is on his radar.

I, too, use Pool Monitor for my iPhone and iPad. It stores the data and it doesn't matter whether I input the data from my phone or iPad. You can input the goals and it will tell you how much of a chemical to add. The reports feature is nice too.

I honestly don't remember how much it was, but I think it was only $2 or $3.

I se the PoolMonitor app for iPhone, my wife adds test data to the same set of history on her iPad. That's neat functionality.

I wish the app had the same features as the desktop software which also allows entry of treatments and a calendar etc. but it's only $3 so I can't complain really!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.