LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Argyle, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I am curious to know something here. What was the significance of Tuesday, August 8, 2007 at 11:25 pm? This was when there were 107 users online at one time. The most folks that I usually ever see online at once is around 40 or so. What happened on August 8, 2007 that we had so many people on the server?

Craig

I think it's kind of a perfect storm. During the peak time of day, I've been seeing around 40-50. That number may hold for an hour or so, but it's not the same 40 or 50 users - some come and some go.

However, if enough happen to overlap, you end up with a very high figure. This number would also include search bots that can be crawling the site at any given time.

Ok Sean, well that makes sense. I was trying to figure out if there was some sort of unique thing happening at the time and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I kept thinking about the fact that August, being mid to late summer would be a strange time for so many hits as it seemed to make sense, at least to me, that more folks, especially guests and newly registered users would be more apt to swamp the site earlier in the season when people are still trying to work out pool opening kinks (green water, new to chemistry issues, etc.).

Do you know when the highest number of registered users online was and how many were present?

Last August was when I could see neighbors' pools turning....um......GREEN...... :shock: I could see them from the road on the way to Krogers!

So, August may turn into another 'pool opening' event! Do I need to say, they did not do the BBB method. :p

Sounds like they weren't testing anyway. I'm all for BBB, but regardless of whether you get your chemicals at the grocery store or the pool store, it's essential that you test on a regular basis.

The old adage may never be more true than with pool care, "A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.