Pool bonding question.....grounding clips not installed.

Alscrx

May 12, 2013
CT
I went to install the #8 copper wire from the motor all the way around the pool and noticed the ground clips which are shown in the diagram of the pool were never installed. Its a resin pool so has resin verticals which i removed to make sure the clips were not behind them and nothing.

Its says they were supposed to be installed on bottom track BEFORE pool wall went into track. It shows you can put them on top which i dont see how if liner is there.

I did see where the pool wall bolts together which was great because i put a copper lug on the bottom bolt. But i still need 3 more points to attach to.

I am pretty sure the top and bottom rails are metal but i will check again later to make sure. If so, can i drill into the rail?

Top and bottom plates are resin, the bottom rail has a channel and the pool wall sits in, do you think the liner is there or the sides are usually angled with sand?

WORST case scenario EVER would be using a small stainless steel screw to attach copper lug and it goes too far and tears liner of brand new pool :hammer:

Should i try and get those oem clips and attempt to use them on top rails or just go for the screw into the bottom rail?? If i do the screws, i can attempt a tiny pilot hole just until it breaks the skin of the metal. Then if i just slide the bit it, i should be able to "feel" the pool wall of course without drilling, with the same tiny bit. Then i know i am good.

Your plan is sound. That's exactly what I would do. The liner should be far enough away from the bottom rail that a normal drill bit would never reach it anyway but caution is prudent. As you said, the worst case scenario is the screw thru the brand new liner. :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.