Leaking pool Help!

sere81

Apr 30, 2013
Trying to figure out the next course of action for us. We had someone install our 24ft AGP on May 15.. Everything seemed to be going okay, was getting the pump wired up and adding our chemicals. Kids playing in the pool May 25, 26, 27. And then I noticed the problems. Tuesday, the 28th I get home from work and I go outside to finish laying the bonding wire and I notice the dirt is becoming saturated on one quarter side of the pool.

Next morning and there is about 1 inch of standing water in spots. I can also see the frame starting to buckle in 2 spots close to where I assume the leak is near.

It would cost someone $125-150 to come out and find the leak and patch it. Or we could spend around $250 for a new liner, or try to get ours replaced under warrantee.

I was at work and my wife thought it might be leaking from the skimmer or return cutout so she drained it below the skimmer.

We are supposed to leave for vacation in 4 days and I’m wondering should I drain the water before then. We talked to the installer but he said he was going to try to come out and take a look next week sometime while we are gone. I assume he is just going to say its not his responsibility anymore since it was up and not leaking for 2.5 weeks after his work was done.

I will have pics up in the morning after I see if there is anymore leaking.

What’s the next course of action??

Here are pics of the problems with the wall.. I believe I have found the hole in the liner, assuming it's only one.

8890334897_cb0ed85bf7.jpg

8890335673_2fb9296f41.jpg

8890960204_0d5b631710.jpg

8890961068_77ef3b88b0.jpg

Hole is really small. Probably smaller than the diameter of a drinking straw. The water draining through it formed like a little crater with the hole in the center. That is how I was able to find it visually. Did the dye test and confirmed water was leaking from that point. My concern is the wall buckling in the 2 spots.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.