Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
hey there!!

now that my pool is been completely refurbished, filled and set up- (thanks to TFP and Pool School)- i have turned on the pump and i have a junction and two pipes coming out of the pump- one pipe feeds 2 of the jets and it appears the other pipe feeds the 3rd jet- that is the one that isn't working.

the only difference i can see between the two pipes is that one has a check valve on it-

so there are 2 jets working perfectly and moving water around the pool and one of the jets is completely dead as though it has been turned off.

was going to get a plumbers snake and see if there might be something going on in there but i wanted to post something on here because i am a newbie and a bit of a pool"tard"

thanks[attachment=0:219j7ba6]IMG_2405.JPG[/attachment:219j7ba6]

Attachments

• IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 44
[attachment=1:1go5izop]IMG_2411.JPG[/attachment:1go5izop][attachment=0:1go5izop]IMG_2412.JPG[/attachment:1go5izop]
Bama Rambler said:
Post a pic of the plumbing at the pad and particularly the check valve arrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2411.JPG
    IMG_2411.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2412.JPG
    IMG_2412.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 39
You have some of the terminology wrong. The two pipes off the 3-way valve are suction not jets or returns.
The one with the vac-alert is the main drain(s) and the other is the skimmer(s).

You only have one line to the returns.

It actually looks like you may have a second line back to the pool or possibly a water feature or possibly the non working return or a pressure side cleaner that was removed? (capped pipe below the one return line oranger ball valve after salt cell)
otherwise I only see what Bama sees- two suction lines( main drain and skimmer) coming from the pool to the pump, then from pump to Filter then to heater and returning to the single pipethrough the salt cell.

4knights said:
It actually looks like you may have a second line back to the pool or possibly a water feature or possibly the non working return or a pressure side cleaner that was removed? (capped pipe below the one return line oranger ball valve after salt cell)
otherwise I only see what Bama sees- two suction lines( main drain and skimmer) coming from the pool to the pump, then from pump to Filter then to heater and returning to the single pipethrough the salt cell.

thanks "Dave" & "4knights" for the observation- you were absolutely right! it looks as if maybe the replaced the salt cell and removed the y that split the flow amongst the returns. the position of the returns and the pressure are such that it appears to be moving water really well.

as far as addition movement in the water- when we get our aquabot- that should mix the water even more-

thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.