Pump, filter running. Then stops returning water to pool

Apr 7, 2010
Jasper, Alabama
I'm having an issue that I can't seem to figure out. For the past two nights, my pump and filter will be running fine. However when I get up in the morning, everything is running however no water is being returned into the pool. The pump will still be running and the basket is full of water (no air) so I don't understand. I turn the filter to backwash and allow it to cycle a few minutes then when switched back to filter, everything begins to work fine. :?

Hello Bama, thanks for the reply! my psi is on 12 before and during. Goes to 0 while pump is turned off.

Well considering the pool needed vacuumed last year before I covered it (but it didn't get vacuumed) the water is cloudy and had leaves too. On Saturday, I removed the cover, vacuumed and backwashed and rinsed.. Water still cloudy with some stuff on the bottom. I'm going to vacuum and add more bleach this afternoon..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.