Diverter valve and pipe broken

whoozer

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2008
Acton Maine
So I started trying to decide about changing my filter and ultimately decided to try harder this year with my chemistry instead of plunging into changing a filter and spending all of that $. So as I was inspecting my pool and getting ready to open it I realized that a two way valve and pipe was cracked right in half. I am be miffed as to how this happened as I was meticulous in blowing the lines using rv antifreeze and covering everything for the winter.
So now I need to replace it. I have another pentair 2 way valve that will fit there but there is already plumbing on it. Any way to get existing plumbing off an old valve without hurting it or should I just buy another diverter? Obviously I am cheap and would love to use something I already have verses purchasing a new one. The pipe on the good valve is just too short to union or I would do that.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Can you post a pic of it?
It should be a 2" slip outside the cuff. If that's the case you can cut the piping off right at the cuff and use a 2" X 1½" concentric reducer on the outside to plumb back to your system.

[attachment=2:2zlh5c5y]pool2013.jpg[/attachment:2zlh5c5y]
[attachment=1:2zlh5c5y]pool20132.jpg[/attachment:2zlh5c5y]

[attachment=0:2zlh5c5y]pool20133.jpg[/attachment:2zlh5c5y]

Here is what I have.

Attachments

• pool2013.jpg
    pool2013.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 31
  • pool20132.jpg
    pool20132.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 31
  • pool20133.jpg
    pool20133.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 31
That extra valve should be 2" on the outside. From the pic you have two choices. you can cut the piping right against that fitting on the right. There's enough of it to glue a coupling to or you can cut it off right against the valve cuff and use a 2 X 1½ reducer. If you can get a bell reducer (concentric) you can slip it over the cuff and then the 1½" side will fit your existing plumbing. You can also use a 2" coupling and a 2x1½ bushing if you have to and it will work almost the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.