Cya always clear in the bottle

Nov 6, 2012
Hello everyone, new pool owner since last week. Its a 15,000 gal play pool 3-5 feet from shallow to deep. My question is i know that the startup guy added stabilizer to the pool. I have also added instant conditioner to the pool. When i test for cya though the test solution is still very clear, and not cloudy hardly at all. The dot never disappears at all. How is that possible? Here are my results from tonight.
FC 3.2
CC 0
Ph 7.5
TA 90
CYA. 30?

Thanks and i look forward to your replies to my first post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome :wave:

The CYA test only reads down to about 20.

The granular can take up to a week to fully dissolve and register on tests. So, you are wasting reagent when trying to test too soon.

You can ask him how much he added and you should know how much you added. Use the total amount for now to calculate your bleach/liquid chlorine doses.

It can take up to a week for recently added granular CYA/Stabilizer to appear in test results. As for the instant conditioner, I'm assuming it a liquid but do you recall the % concentration of CYA included in the ingredients?

Hi, the percentage on the conditioner claims 35%. It states that it will raise a 10,000 gallon pool 32ppm if the entire jug is used. I have used about half the jug and the startup guy put in a couple cups ( estimation) of the granular

bghere67 said:
Hi, the percentage on the conditioner claims 35%. It states that it will raise a 10,000 gallon pool 32ppm if the entire jug is used. I have used about half the jug and the startup guy put in a couple cups ( estimation) of the granular

Okay...so half a jug will raise a 5000 gallon pool 32 ppm. Or a 15000 gallon pool about 10.

2 cups of granular will raise CYA bout 8.

So you're at about 18. Certainly no more than 20. Which corresponds nicely with the test results.

Use 20 as "Now" and maybe 45 at the "Target" in the http://www.poolcalculator.com/ If it's still low, it's easy enough to add a little more. Don't just dump it in the skimmer. Use the sock method.

Richard320 said:
bghere67 said:

Okay...so half a jug will raise a 5000 gallon pool 32 ppm. Or a 15000 gallon pool about 10.

2 cups of granular will raise CYA bout 8.

So you're at about 18. Certainly no more than 20. Which corresponds nicely with the test results.

Use 20 as "Now" and maybe 45 at the "Target" in the http://www.poolcalculator.com/ If it's still low, it's easy enough to add a little more. Don't just dump it in the skimmer. Use the sock method.

Thanks sir(s) for the help. I will test again at the end of the week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.