Hooking up a Hayward pump, and filter to Intex pool and SWG

zodiac

May 25, 2013
Houston, TX
First off I do not want to hard-plumb my pool lol. Anyways back to my main point, I wish to connect all of my components together using hose, however I am pretty stumped... Where do you find fittings to connect hose to the Hayward equipment, where do you find the appropriate hose to connect to said fittings, and how would I go about hooking up my Hayward filter outlet to my Intex SWG. Currently I am trying (some what unsuccessfully) to connect my Hayward pump inlet to the Intex hose using a pvc adapter I made, however, I can't get a good seal between the hose and the fitting. Any help would be very appreciated, thanks!

Re: Hooking up a Hayward pump, and filter to Intex pool and

Welcome to the forum...what kind of Hayward pump do you have? I don't have any experience with intex pools, but I can tell you that Hayward uses some propietary nonsense for their fittings. You can buy an adapter (again, Hayward specific) that is male threaded on one side which screws into the pump. The other side will take 1.5" braided clear hose with a hose clamp (again, not sure if that's compatible wih intex or not). Check your pump manual to cross check part numbers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.