BIG Pool needs some TLC. Tips and help welcomed! Got photos.

May 28, 2013
So I have an OLD pool that hasn't been filled for over 10 years, and has baked in the sun. It's 12 feet deep, haven't measured it but I want to re-surface it myself. I was thinking of EZ Patching the minor holes when I realized the majority of the pool has small cracks. My spending limit is $3,000...and I was planning on doing a majority of work myself..I was going to acid-wash prior to patching, but my main question is, if I patch up the holes, can I paint over the mini cracks, or should I do a plaster re-surface.. at a reasonable cost? I was thinking of EZ-Patching the divots and just Epoxy painting it, then filling her up. But with a close look, I don't think it'll be that easy, and for a pool that's been out of commission for 10+ years I need some real assistance!

Need help as to what to do, if I myself can do it and whether or not I can get some knowledgeable quotes from people that have done similar work?

Re: BIG Pool needs some TLC. Tips and help welcomed! Got pho

So I'm getting my pool guy tomorrow for a quote, but I'm leaning towards a re-plaster....considering the whole E-Z Patch and epoxy paint over hasn't gotten any responses..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.