Suggestion for pool vac for ABG?

Jun 19, 2011
Southern NH
I am looking for the best choice in a pool vacuum for my above ground pool. I don't mind spending the money if it makes sense. But i dont want to spend $600+ if I dont need to, and I also don't want to spend $150 to find out that the thing does not work and I should have spent a few more dollars.

I am concerned about a brush head or something equivalent that might damage the liner, obviously that would not be good. I figure that every one must have a product they either love or hate and I would love to hear about both.

Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

JoeFixes

I'll be manually vac'ing my pool for now. My husband and I were looking at Diver Dave and Wanda the Whale. They aren't high end vacs but I don't want something that cost as much as my car payment or more! :mrgreen:

I've heard some are having good luck with the aquabot pool rover jr or the new model aquabot pura 4. It's around the 300 hundred dollar mark.

Just my 0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

My wife threw her back out last summer vacuuming the pool and I am working all day so I need to find something that can either do it by itself or makes it easier. Otherwise it wont get vacc'ed until the weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the models mentioned above?

Like I said about the aquabot check out some reviews on it. Amazon has reviews on it along with someothers.

I don't personally have one but in the future I would consider an aquabot or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I am on season 3 with a pool rover. I like it. I will say this, it picks up surface dirt, leaves, dead algae, I have some areas I still need to brush. One of my pet peeves is the cord tangles occasionally, but I think you can have a swivel put onto the cord I read somewhere. Also I have a mat under my ladder sometimes it will pick that up.
Good Luck

I use Hayward's Diver Dave. He does an excellent job in my intex pool. Easy to hook up and only runs about $115.00. I don't really know how many seasons he'll last but if he works for a few years I figure that he was worth the price.

I joke about him being my pool boy and am trying to think of a new name for him.

Here's a link to him on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017SW5MK/?ta ... vrqylav9_b

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a Zodiac Wahoo. When it works it works very well. It is a little touchy to get it set up. Too little suction and it lays on the bottom and does not move. Too much and it climbs the walls and never comes down. Once it is dialed in, it patterns well, there is a roughly 3 sf slice in my 27' round that it does not seem to be able to get to. I also have a dead aquabug that I rebuilt over the winter. I'll give that a whirl this season.

Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.