Gunite Spa vs. Stand Alone Spa

May 9, 2013
Round Rock, TX
So we are struggling with the subject matter. I can purchase a new Dimension One Nautique for about $5K less than the in-ground option. This would eliminate the heater but I would then substitute with solar heating for the pool. Curious if anyone has feedback on the advantages/disadvantages of gunite vs. stand alone? Anyone owned both and if so which did you prefer? Other than the obvious aesthetics, its difficult to justify the gunite spa but aesthetics can be huge!

I think there are a good number of discussion about this, have you tried searching the forum? Here are my 1 minute thoughts:

With a gunite spa, you only have 1 body of water to deal with maintaining the chemistry. But you also have fewer jets and they are not usually as comfortable to sit in.

With a stand alone, you have more jets and sculpted seats, but now have to deal with maintaining another body of water. Can keep it heated nearly all the time, but also may need a large power source for the heater. But, you have the big thing sitting in your backyard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.