Need a new liner. Any recommendations in North Alabama?

Rambler, I can't seem to find the right search criteria to find info for my next question. Since will will be replacing all of my water with a new liner replacement, I will need to know in what order to get my water balanced. I have read all the basic stuff on this forum. I can't find a sticky on this subject and can't seem to narrow down a search inquiry to find the right answer.

Do I deal with alkalinity, chlorine levels, or CYA levels first? I wouldn't imagine trying to level them all out at the same time with virgin water is way to go.

First order of business is to get a good test kit and test your fill water for everything except CYA. That way you know what you're putting in the pool and therefore can know what you're going to need to do to it. Chlorine is a given, as is stabilizer. pH may be a concern but you won't know that until you test it. After that, it's everything else.

Stock up on some bleach and get enough stabilizer to get the pool to about 40 - 50ppm.
When first starting new water add about 2 ppm FC each day until you get the CYA in there, then add whatever it takes to get to the target for the amount of CYA you added.

Test the pH and if it's low test the TA. If the TA is ok (between 50-120 ppm) then adjust the pH with borax.

If you'll post a set of test results of the fill water we can give you an idea of what you're going to need to do.

Rambler, thank you. This forum does seem to be quite awesome.

The TF-100 test kit is already in the mail from TFTestkits. I got my tracking numbers in email on Friday. :)

I am very excited to get this BBB method working.

Somethings I am getting my head around at the moment. I see some people have a stenno pump, not sure what that is, or a Liquidator for auto-chlorination methods. What do you use and what would you recommend? Or would you just recommend doing everything by hand, which I am okay with.

A stenner pump is a peristaltic pump used for injecting chlorine into the return line to the pool. The Liquidator is also an injection unit that injects the chlorine into the suction of the pump. Given the size of your pool I wouldn't recommend the Liquidator as it only holds 8 gallons of bleach so you'll be filling it every few days and the whole reason for having the injection system is convenience.

I suggest that you manually chlorinate your pool for a few weeks to begin with. That gives you an opportunity to learn the in's and out's and personality of your pool. Once you ahve that down, then you can think about whether you want to automate the chlorine delivery or not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.