Rubber Gasket for Hard Plumbing Pool

May 25, 2013
Hello:

A couple years ago, I purchased everything I needed to hard plumb my Intex AGP based on several posts here on TFP. Since then, the photos posted by crookm11 are no longer viewable, so I'm stumped.

I am using the items he found at Lowe's so I can attach PVC to the stock through walls. Is anyone familiar with what he did? The "adapter" he used to connect
the PVC to the through wall is gray with a lip. The portion of the "adapter" that would butt up with the through wall has raised lettering on it, and I believe
he sanded those letters off to provide for a better connection. I have done all the sanding to remove the raised letters, but I am still concerned the
connection will not be water tight. Is it necessary to also use some type of sealing gasket? If so, any idea where a person could get some? The outside
dimension of the connection is 2&1/4" and the inside is 1&7/8"...In the past couple years, has a better "adapter" been discovered? If so, where? And what is the order number?

Thank you for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.