Buttress leaning in while filling

May 27, 2013
I have just finished installing my 15' x 30' oval pool. While filling I noticed one of my buttresses is leaning in (toward pool) 1 1/2 inches. I have about 6 inches of water in the pool. The wall is dented in slightly close to this area. Will this correct itself when it fills up and pushes buttress back? Thanks.

Thanks. It was off the ground so I added wa little weight to hold it down. The buttress is still leaning. I believe the channel has settled from weight of water on tje pressure plate. When I was digging in this area there was a large rock I removed. I must not have done a good job filling this area in. Is this a problem that I need to fix?

If it just settled under the pressure plate, you may be okay. If it settled under the post and/or outrigger, then you may have a problem. How is the height of the post verses the one next to it? You may have to put a long board on the the two posts surrounding the problem one to judge it.

The post in question is 1/2 inch lower than the rest of the post on this side. It appears the settling is at the pressure plate. Do you think it would be safe filling up and keeping an eye on it? There is only a foot of water in the pool I could drain and re-level. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.