Intelliflo w/ Intellichlor w/o Intellitouch

May 27, 2013
Hello All,

I have a question concerning my Pentair products:

I have my Intellichlor wired together with my Intelliflo to a timer switch in my breaker. However, the pump works under the premise of constant power and an internal electronic timer, with a start/stop button, as opposed to the old way of the external timer switch controlling the on/off's.

Here's the issue: If I push the "stop" button or set the internal timer to shut off at a specific time, the chlorinator stays on. And if I set it up the old fashioned way of using the time clock in my breaker, the pump wont start because I need to push the "start" button.

Without the Intellitouch system, how do I get both the pump and the chlorinator to function together?

Thanks

Isn't this overcomplicating the issue?

Why not just leave the Intellichlor on all the time. When the Intelliflo shuts off, then the flow sensor will sense it and basically shut down the Intellichlor.

There will be a slight power draw for the IC controller, I'm guessing 5-10 watts, but that may be offset by using the Intelliflo the way it was intended, in automatic flow-control mode rather than manual speed-control.

peterl1365 said:
Isn't this overcomplicating the issue?

Why not just leave the Intellichlor on all the time. When the Intelliflo shuts off, then the flow sensor will sense it and basically shut down the Intellichlor.

There will be a slight power draw for the IC controller, I'm guessing 5-10 watts, but that may be offset by using the Intelliflo the way it was intended, in automatic flow-control mode rather than manual speed-control.

I was under the impression that the Intellichlor shouldn't be left running when the pump stops; even though there is a flow sensor. What I ultimately did was change my wiring configuration. Now, both the pump and SWC are on the same breaker but my pump is line wired (before the clock) and the SWC is load wired (after the clock). By doing this, there is a constant flow a juice to the pump and I can turn the SWC on or off without interrupting the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.