Pentair salt system ! help

Jan 29, 2012
Hello i have pretty much a brand new pentair intellichor IC40 all the green lights are on, except the cell light. It comes on sometimes and than it goes out. If i press to add more sanitzier ie 20%, 40%, 60% then the light comes back on and stays on for a while then goes out. My chlorine was a bit high, however now i am reading now chlorine when i test with a taylor pool test kit. I cant imagine the cell is bad yet i just put the pool in last July. So any help tips would be appreciated..the manual doesnt really say anyhting but if the cell light is flashing. It isnt flashing it just sometimes is on, and off.

Thank you

Wheelman :eek: :?:

The "Cell On" indicator lamp shows only when Chlorine is being produced. My understanding is, the percentage that you select is the percentage of time that the Generator will be working per hour. So if you have it set at 100%, then it will be on for 60 minutes. If you select 20% then it will only be on for 12 minutes (approximate) of every hour the pump is running.

That is why it only goes on for short bursts. If you set it for 15% and then sit their with a stopwatch, you should end up with 8 or so minutes of actual generating time when you hit 1 hour.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.