Salvage Cartridge Filter from Last Season?

Jun 2, 2012
Hi All,
When we put the cartridge/filter system up last season we could not get the top ring off to get it out and clean it. My husband just sat it in the shed all winter. Most of the water was drained out of it (except a few inches in the bottom). I believe the pool was already green when we shut it down and put the equipment up. We finally got the lid off of the filter canister (I guess that is what you call it - the thing that holds the actual filter) last night. The cartridge itself doesn't look as bad as I thought. Some dried algae but looks salvageable. I could be completely naive - not sure. Last year we did the BBB method for the first time and this cartridge was used by the previous owners of the house but looked pretty new.

My question is: is this filter salvageable? If so how would you go about cleaning it to get it back to new?

If I need to buy a new one, I will probably have to bring it to the pool store because there are no markings what-so-ever on it and I have no idea what size I would need or how to begin to replace it. I did measure it (19.5 in x 7 in total diameter).

Thank you so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.