New Clearwater 2 DE filter....want to hard plumb it.

Alscrx

May 12, 2013
CT
Hi guys, New to pools...just got a new 18ft AGP with a clearwater 2 DE filter and i am looking to hard pipe it before filling the pool to skimmer. I live in new england area so winters are pretty rough. I was thinking to run the PVC underground a few inches. I am moving the filter maybe 4-5 feet from the pool.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Should i leave the pvc above ground and use unions to take it in after summer?
Or bury it and still use unions to take pump in?

I actually started tonight, got all male adapters in and got the top portion of the union valves in. I stopped for the night because I decided to put the 4-5 foot section of PVC in the ground, easier to mow around that area.

Will post pics for others looking for ideas

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday but mine is ran the same way except my equipment is about 15' from the pool. In your area you just need to blow it out and I'd add a union so you cna remove the pump each winter.

Hi, thanks. I have the unions set to
go in at the motor and filter. Also I bought the union valves so I can remove the valves for the winter. Later I'll post pics

How do you blow the lines out?

Anyone know why this filter does not have a backwash feature? I see there is only a drain on the bottom of filter with a cap on it. And its labeled "DRAIN".

How would i be able to vacuum with this filter?

According to the manual, that filter is supposed to be disassembled and cleaned whenever the pressure rises 5 psi above the clean pressure. It doesn't have a multiport or slide valve option.

Just vacuum to filter and then clean it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Project hard pipe....complete!!

Clear cleaner and cement used for cleaner look. I am gonna remove all red lettering on PVC pipe for a much cleaner look.

img0829r.jpg

img0831rj.jpg

img0830i.jpg

img0828sb.jpg

img0833dm.jpg

img0832gs.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.