Infusion Venturi Eyeball Replacement

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
My pool does not have a drain in the deep end and I seem to always be battling having cold water sink in the deep end of the pool and get stuck there. (It does not help that my fill water is cold well water and my fill valve is in the deep end under the diving board) So in an effort to get better water circulation I bought a venturi eyeball return replacements made by http://www.infusionpool.com/ a couple of months ago (I bought mine off amazon as I could get free shipping), and I can confirm that it does seem to really work. Now these do appear to be more delicate than traditional eyeball fittings which may be an issue as kids seem to always like playing with return fittings, but if you need to improve your circulation these might just do the trick.

Ike

Depending on how many returns you have and what your pool/return layout is, it is often better to achieve the same effect via aiming traditional return eyeballs instead of adding a new part with it's own potential maintenance problems. One way or another, if you don't have a main drain, you want a return that points down into the deep to make sure that water remains mixed. Usually setting this up is easy, but now and then more complex approaches are required.

Jason I agree, but there are many pools out there like mine with less than ideal return layouts, and these really do seem to amplify the amount of surface water being injected (in my case deeper) than is possible with a traditional eyeball. Using food coloring to test I was able to see the red cloud would get a couple of feet deeper with this fitting than it would with a traditional eyeball (using either of 2 different sizes) which for my pool made all the difference in cold water being trapped in the deep end.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.