A little confused...help please

May 14, 2013
Georgia
Hello everybody,
Just got a house with a yucky pool that looked like it wasn't cleaned for years. I have read all the pool school info and removed All the leaves I could dig up and started the shocking process 2 weeks ago. The pool started out a black/ Dk green color and turned brown to a bright green to a lime green to what is now a blue green color. I can't see the bottom yet but it's clearing up deeper everyday. As it clears up I'm noticing brown stains on sides and stairs, which clears up with the vitamin C tablets. My main question is how should I proceed that would clean the pool the most efficient and cheapest way. Should I add AA now or need to wait until I can see bottom of pool, will the greenish color go away in time or do I need to treat it.
Thx

FC 18
Ph 7.2
TA 120
Cya 22
Calcium 275

25k gallons vinyl pool IG sand Hayward filter

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

Actually, you seem to be doing everything just fine so leave the stains alone until you completely clear the water. Are you following the shock process we advocate up in Pool School or are you just adding chlorine to clear the pool? Either way, you're doin' great!

Thx for the feedback..I was trying to shock at the mustard algae level and kinda got carried away(in my defense the pool was mega nasty) Now that the pool looks and smells a lot better I'm backing away from the chlorine..lol

Well, your numbers look good. read "How to Shock Your Pool" up in Pool School. you will find you want to keep your FC up around 12 ppm or so until...

1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.