Good solar cover and reel?

I have this one Signature Aluminum Reel in the 22ft version with a 36ft cover on it, and the only complaint I have is that I didn't get the casters, so the paint has flaked off the bottom. I keep meaning to order the casters, but haven't. If I had to replace it, I'd get the same one. This is my third season with it.

For the cover, I would go for one that is extruded. Although more expensive, they last longer and aren't as finicky about being left in the sun. My thinking is that clear would be the best if you ever leave it on during the day, and I also think it might discourage animals from walking out on the cover too. I'm not sure anyone currently makes a clear extruded cover, so maybe the blue is your closest option.

I've had both the blue and the clear covers...I'll never buy anything BUT a clear cover now, they heat the water much more evenly IMHO...

I recently purchased a clear cover from www.poolsupplyworld.com that had this description...16x32 was $100 shipped

Standard Product Features & Benefits
One Piece Construction
Extruded material to eliminate delamination.
Sewn seams.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.