How much should chlorine drop in day...

edward.foote

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
I converted from Baquacil last (best thing I ever did). My question is about free chlorine.

PH=7.5
TA=150
Cya=80
CH 110

The number after the date is an early evening check, the next number is the amt of increase in chlorine I expect based on the amt of bleach added and then the post bleach estimated chlorine level. The only measured chlorine is once daily in the late afternoon.

Date evening check added bleach (est) est post Chlorine
5/21 4.0 +4 =8
5/22 6.5 +0 =6.5
5/23 4.5 +0 =4.5
5/24 3.0 etc,et

I have a trichlor feeder that is full of tablets but "off". I added the feeder after I decided to abandon Baquacil but before I knew enough about BBB. I plan to use if for vacations and wasn't thinking when I filled it.

So here is my question, it has been cool and overcast but, being new to chlorine/cya I don't have a good sense of how fast chlorine should drop. I was wondering if maybe the feeder is leaking chlorine. So is this a "typical" drop for chlorine levels in 24 hours (about 2ppm?)?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.