leak at hardware for jet

May 30, 2011
West Mifflin, PA
this year my problem is a leak at the pvc fittings at the jet outside of pool dripping slowly until turn on filter then it leaks quickly. We have lowered and raised the water several times first to get new fittings cause we thought they were weathered, then to tighten them each time still leaking. When we looked in between the walls of the pool when switching out the fittings we noticed water in between the walls. Do we have a thread leaking issue or does it sound like liner leak? Pool is completing filled with Algae this opening season also. I think my new pool cover may have leaked maybe.

Glad to hear it is not a possible liner leak and yes it is threaded on the outside. I am headed back to the pool supply store today to buy another set of fittings. I think hubby did not buy a complete new set of fittings. We did not get a new hose attachment and it was not completely threaded all the way in. If that makes sense. Also, we did not put plumber's tape around the fittings before we installed it again. Hoping this will help today. We shall see another day of watching water go up and down and hoping for no leaks. Thank you for your assistance. Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

well even after Teflon tape and shower tub & tile caulking as well as tube lube sealant, still leaking ever so slowly. Seems water from the leak is getting caught up in between the liner and pool wall and slowly leaking out of the bottom of pool as well. Not drastic but still a concern. I have exhausted all options. Yesterday climbed in the freezing water and vacuumed after a night of super shock but too cloudy to really see. Anyway, with filter off I dropped food coloring inside the pool near the jet but the dye did not go out the jet just floated away. Just hoping I don't have a flood on my hands one day. Can the wall give way? Also took a photo of where the water level was according to the skimmer screws last night just slightly above and today just slightly below.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.