ANOTHER Flow Sensor??!!

dfiletti

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
Thornton, PA
Folks-

Last spring I opened the pool, to a bad flow sensor for my Jandy Apure 1400. It showed "no flow" despite there being plenty of flow. I read here a bunch here, inspected, tested, and indications were that it was the flow sensor. When I removed the old there was rust on one of the sensors, and a ridge had developed around one of the sensors indicating water may have made it to the electronics: so I figured the flow sensor was shot. OK, I spent the $200 and it worked flawlessly for all of last summer -I did make sure I got the black epoxy type.

I open the pool THIS spring to the same error?!? :rant: I inspected and cleaned the flow sensor, twice, first with a scotch bright, then 220 grit wet sand. There was/ is no rust, no ridge and the sensors are shiny) but I still get the same no flow error. I inspected the cell, it's clean as a whistle.

I'm thinking the water chemistry is spot on and not the problem: salt reading is 3,200, pH is 7.4, TA is 70, FC (via adding liquid): is 2.5, CC: 0, CYA: 80. Water temp is 72. Am I just to anticipate a $200 per spring charge on these things? Seems like a disappointing expense for these things.

Also, anyone know which wires I could cross to bypass the flow sensor? The pump and the SWCG are turned on and off the same way (with the same circuit in the breaker) presumably I don't really need a flow sensor -push comes to shove...

Anything else anyone would try before giving up and ordering a new flow sensor?

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Just an update, I did go through the front board trouble shooting guide available on line here: http://www.pleasurepoolsno.com/wp-conte ... Manual.pdf and the front board checked out OK.

I did call Jandy and they indicated I should try and remove the adapter circuit board between the plug of the flow sensor and the front board. I did this and it seems to be working -weird, but then why was it there in the first place? Any idea what sort of longer term side effects may arise out of running without the adapter?

Anyway, for others that may be seeing similar symptoms, you may want to try removing the adapter circuit board between the plug of the flow sensor and the front board, before you replace the flow sensor.

Dan

PS. the tech at Jandy was unwilling to let me know which wire colors were responsible for the flow indication....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.