Compool 3800 - Schematics? Err3 Sensor Replacem

K1JOS

May 26, 2013
I have a 3800 that keeps showing err3 (freez sensor) despite replacing with a new TS5L sensor. It will not allow calibration (after entering Program and going to 3rd step - Adj 3 "Enter correct air
temperature.." . the up/down temp control does nothing). I do a lot of electronics repair, microcontroller work, etc and I am sure I could diagnose and repair the control board if I could only find a schematic and parts list. Pentair customer service doesn't respond to my question except to say contact a local dealer. The local dealers want me to replace the board for $500+.

Any suggestions?

tia
jerry

I have the same problem intermittently. The last time it happened it wouldn't allow me to turn off the pump, it wanted to run the pump or cleaner at all times (I guess it's trying to prevent frozen equipment)

I don't know how I have cleared it, but I have turned heater on and off several times at control board, and have adjusted the temperature settings several times and eventually the code cleared itself. Not much advise there, but it worked for me. If you have a more definitive answer I'd be grateful!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.