New to forum....pool won't clear

Audie

May 26, 2013
Been using shock alot! Have 30000 gallon inground vinyl pool, we cover in the winter due to leaves. When we opened it up we used flock, added pH, alkalinity, shock, algeaside. It was nearly clear then we had a bad storm, added more shock! Found this forum yesterday.... We added baking soda to raise the ph/alkalinity and added stabilizer.. Was starting to get clear then once again the rain hit last night!!!!! The pool is so cloudy and almost has a green tint, but of course rain for most of the day!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! Feel like we are just pouring money down the drain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Audie:

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Audie said:
Feel like we are just pouring money down the drain.
That's exactly what you are doing if you are adding chemicals to the pool without good test results. Can you post some test results and tell us what you are using to test with?

I would discontinue using the floc and algaecide. If you have algae, the algaecide is of no value. Plus if it's copper-based, that could lead to metal staining.

My overall suggestions at this point:
  • 1. Post test results and tell us what you are using to test with.
    2. If you don't have one of the recommended test kits, I would order one quickly if you are serious about getting out in front of managing your pool.
    3. Read the Pool School articles. Things will begin to make sense more quickly than you probably can imagine.
    4. When you need a break from step 3, spend some time manually removing as much debris as you can from the pool, Then repeat step 3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.