can u replace intex liners with a higer gauge liner

May 24, 2013
Arizona
Wondering if i can replace the liner that came with my 22x52 ultra frame and go purchase a 20 or 25 gauge liner so that can stop freaking out looking for a pad for under, was thinging using higher gauge then use the one it came with and ground cover for underneath? Anyone ever done that

The ultra frame pool does not use a standard pool liner. The ultra frame liner has a pocket in the top to hold the horizontal rails and straps near the bottom to prevent the vertical posts from bowing out, and the liner is made from 3 layer laminated pvc, thus the liner is also a structural component of the pool. Standard vinyl liners do not have these features and have too much give and stretch to be used as a replacement for an intex liner.

Some of our members have used construction foam under their intex pools. You can read more about it here.

We have leveling questions...live in a hoa communitty and our yd was grated its a new build my husband is very concerned about digging the higher side to get it level. If we do that will it effect the drafting to the point that it might effect our neighbors on our left and right side we think we've got about a three ft issue of it being higher on what will be the back of the pool. Do u know if we did that say 1&1/2 and then use padding and sand on other end 1&1/2 that it would effect the builders grating. I know that might seem like a lot to ask but would u mind if we could call ask ask u some questions I can send u twenty dollars through an email address that would go into your bank acct no bank info needed or I can pay pal it if we could just call you through this process and pick your brain. Here is my pvt email so not putting your number on the board [email protected]. Offer open to anyone who has experience and is willing to talk us through some of this

OFFER OPEN TO ALL WE ARE PUTTING UP A 24X52 ULTRA FRAME INTEX POOL TODAY WE WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY SOMEOME TO ALLOW US TO CALL THEM OVER NEXT FEW DAYS AS WE GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS FOR HELP. WE CAN SEND MONEY THROUGH PAY PAL. IF U R WILLING TO SPEAK TO US EMAIL YOUR NUMBER TO [email protected] ( caps are not needed) GIVE US PHONE NUMBER THERE SO NOT ON BOARD PLEASE PLEASE WE HAVE QUESTIONS

Since you have specific questions about how the installation will affect the water run off from your property your best course of action would be to consult a professional landscaper. They are very knowledgeable and have the advantage of being able to see the site in person and make recommendations specific to your situation.

Since you live in a HOA, it would be beneficial to you to ask them if an above ground pool is allowed. In some cases, they have not been and you need to find out before you start this project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.