Pittsburgh, PA
ok so here it is just got the test kit.

FC 5
TC 5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 120
CYA 60

Doent seem to bad right? CYA high from granular triclor use I guess.... I just got some BBB and making the switch. Question is TA is high because i was using triclor, should I try to bring this down since im making the switch to Bleach? Or just leave it alone and get FC up to 7ppm.

Your numbers look fairly good. With CYA at 60, you don't want FC going below 5. TA is a little high, but I doubt it is high enough to cause problems. Unless you have problems with PH rising quickly, just lower the PH to 7.2 each time it gets to 7.8 until the TA level is in range.

Well, it sounds like your pool is balanced and you have adequate chlorine to keep it sparking all summer. I think it is a good idea to do the pH and OTO chlorine test daily throughout the summer....perhaps a little less once you determine how stable your pool is.

Most folks do the full battery of tests weekly. Since the testing is a bit new to you, I would suggest you test again in just a few days and see if you get similar results. Unless your results are way different from todays, I would go to the once weekly regimen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.