Prayer request... Christian content, ignore if offended

The Mermaid Queen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Northern KY
I would not usually post a prayer request on a non-religious board, but this is urgent.

A 2 year old at our church was diagnosed with the rarest, most aggressive form of leukemia at the beginning of February. She is the sweetest little girl. She does not need to be sedated for CAT scans, MRIs and other tests. She listens to her parents and doctors perfectly. I know adults who would not be as accepting of instruction.

Anyway, after extensive searching, a bone marrow donor was found, she had the transplant on Friday, and all seemed to be going well. However, this morning she spiked a fever, has an accelerated heart rate (>200) and she is vomiting, all signs that she is rejecting the transplant.

Please pray for she and her family in this time of crisis. ((ETA she has 2 older siblings and her mother is expecting child#4))

Please Lord, heal Hannah!

Thanks,
Grace

Mermaid,

With you on this. Prayers are Powerful for sure!

Lord, we lift you Hannah to you and thank you in advance for your healing. Give her comfort in this time of pain and suffering.
We know you are that GOD that healeth all.

In Jesus Name!
AMEN

(Yep, Much Better than Pool Forum!)

Grace,
I am not of the Christain Faith but I offer my prayers also. Yesterday my favorite nephew called me up and told me that he is awaiting test results and they think he has leukemia also! (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) He is married and has 3 small children. He will know for sure on Wednesday when all the test results come back. If you would add some prayers for him it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all! Evan, I will add your nephew to my list.

Hannah is doing much better this afternoon, but is not out of the woods yet, not by a long shot. I cannot remember the type of leukemia, but even with the BMT (bone marrow transplant) her prognosis is pretty bleak. She has an excellent team working with her, and they are right on top of any little thing, to try to avoid it turning into a big thing. Each setback she has had along the way has been handled with speed and diligence, and due to this, Hannah has survived some pretty scary things already.

It is all in God's hands, and he can use miraculous or ordinary means to heal her, if it is His will.

It is nice to see some fellow Christians here. I will pray for her also. Cancer is an awful thing, and sometimes it hits people who just don't deserve it. She will be in my prayers, I am living proof that collective prayer works, and it is nice that you are looking out for her. I hope people are meeting the needs of her family, meals, gas cards and gift cards are a huge blessing in and of themselves. God Bless.

Grace, little Hannah is in my prayers.

God, you are the Great Physician and no problem is too big in your capable hands. Lord we ask that you heal your child Hannah and give her the mercy and grace that she so desperately needs. I know that everything that happens is your will and we pray that you use this situation to glorify your Name. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How is the little one doing ??
As you know I work in a hospital lab and is so heartbreaking to see children sick. I had gotten real close with a little girl with neuroblastoma and almost quit the field when she lost her fight with it. She is one patent I will never forgit.
If there is any way that I can help her or her family please let me know.
Hannah will be in my prayers.
May God keep and bless her and her family.
Steve

I have received no news since Sunday afternoon. With our church being like it is, no news is definitely good news. :-D

Thank you all for reading this thread, and praying. I will not make a habit of posting prayer requests, because I don't think that is what this board is about, but Hannah's illness has just moved me so in the past few weeks.

To keep up with Hannah's story, and read the past information, you can visit her CarePage. You will need to sign in (safe and secure, and free) and search for hlrumping.

Still hanging in there, what a little trooper. She is occasionally spiking fever and a high heart rate, but the docs are VERY on top of things, as well as her parents, who are by her side 100% of the time (one parent of the other, mostly mom) Today 6/7/07 she is 13 days past her transplant. The first 30 days are the most critical. (grow, cells! Grow!)
She is on a morphine pump, and when her parents see her getting uncomfortable, they can give her a dose... She has started telling them "no med-cine" because she does not like to feel loopy, but when the pain is really bad, she will let them dose her.
This is a 2 year old! Most adults I know would be saying give me drugs!
Thanks for asking, and praying!

I know what the parents are going through

I definitely will keep her in my prayers. My 2 year old son was diagnosed with acute liver failure last November and thankfully a transplant 5 days later. He is doing great now, 7 months later. the first year was and still is a roller coaster ride, one I never want to do again. Please let the family know that it will get better.

Greg

First, I saw this thread. Hannah is in my and my families prayers. My wife lost her younger brother (only 21 years old) to brain cancer just a year ago. So, we kind of understand how it feels to have young ones with all their life ahead of them fall ill. Any update on her condition? Ron

When I first saw this thread I signed up for updates on the carepages site. I have 4 small children and can't imagine if one were in this situation. I pray without ceasing for good health for us all... Anyway... Here are the latest postings on Hannah's condition... June 28 and June 30 diary entries:
=====

57 June 28, 2007 at 08:53 PM EDT

WE’RE BETTER!

Hannah is well. Daddy is better. After another trip to the doctor and some steroids I (Tom) am up and at it again. Sarah and Caleb are also doing fine. Mommy is still tried but now that I am up and moving I should be able to give her some relief for some much over due rest. Baby, well, baby is “breech!” They have given us a number of options to try and get the baby turned around. If the baby is not head down by next Wednesday the doctors will attempt it themselves.

We are all readjusting and it will take some time I’m sure. Hannah doesn’t share well with others right now. I can only imagine what it will be like when Hannah has to share mommy with baby? Hannah snapped at Sarah the other night after asking all afternoon for daddy to go and get her from her grandparent’s apartment after she was well. Immediately afterwards she called to daddy and said she was tried and wanted to go to bed. When I asked Hannah if that was why she was so mean to Sarah, with a sad face she nodded her head yes. Let me remind you she is two and a half. Most adults can’t recognize, or are unwilling to admit, when they have wronged someone because they are tired. I asked her if she thought she should say she is sorry to Sarah. She shook her head yes. While fighting back the tears, she told Sarah, “Aaaah, I sorry, forgive Hannah?” How could Sarah say no? They hugged and Sarah helped me take Hannah and “tubie” (Hannah’s IV pole and bag up stairs for bed).

Hannah is a very perceptive little girl. She knows when she is tried and needs to go to bed, she knows when she is not behaving correctly and the reasons for her poor behavior, and now she can spell at the age of two and a half! Mommy, on returning from her doctor’s appointment, had stopped at the store and bought Hannah one of her favorite movies she liked to watch at hospital. Mommy wanted to surprise Hannah so she looked at me and said, “Tom the M-O-V-I-E is in the B-A-G.” Hannah turned to Daddy and said, “Daa-eee, the movie is in mommy’s bag!” WOW! We have witnesses! And to think one of the expected side effects of radiation is that most children experience an average 10 point I.Q. loss afterwards! Can you imagine how smart she would have been if she wouldn’t have had the radiation? (ha-ha!)

In the next carepage we hope to share about one of the great providences of God we have experienced during this tribulation. Until then, may God continue to bless you and yours.

Please Lord, Heal Hannah,
Tom and Mei Ling

June 30, 2007 at 12:14 AM EDT

IT DIDN’T LAST LONG!

We are back in the hospital tonight! We got the dreaded call this afternoon around 3:30 p.m. Two days after everyone was back at home and well. Fortunately, we were most of the way ready. The first thing we did once I (Tom) was up from my sickness was get everyone’s “pack-ups” ready. Sarah and Caleb are with our church family while Mei Ling, Hannah and I are at the hospital.

As most of you know, we go to the hospital clinic twice a week for blood draws and checkups to look for these kinds of things. Thursday’s clinical lab results indicated that Hannah has a virus in her blood. It is a serious virus! But the good news is, it's treatable. Just a few years ago they would lose between 30 to 50% of the kids that contracted this type of virus at this stage in their treatment. Presently, if detected early and treated they haven’t lost a child since. Thank God for modern medicine.

Hannah is fine otherwise. We are at the hospital in order to administer the first round of treatment to ensure there is no allergic reaction to the medication they’ve chosen. If there is, they will switch to another drug for treatment. Once the treatment plan is figured out – hopefully tomorrow or the next day - then we will go home, with yet another medicine to give Hannah nightly over the next 65 days. We are up to 14!

Please pray that Hannah will get through this latest skirmish unharmed. I have begun to read the Book of Job so I can converse with someone who I can relate to (ha-ha!).

Please Lord, Heal Hannah!
Tom and Mei Ling

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.