Need advice on high phosphates level after AA treatment

G

I did my AA treatment last weekend. I added 2 lb of AA into my 15000gal pool.
I also added 2 bottles of Jack's Magic Pink Stuff (32ozX2), which were recommended as the top sequestrants, which consists of phosphonic acid.

It has been a week now, and I still fighting to have my chlorine level hold...However, when I have my water tested in pool store, the phosphates level is to the extreme high >2500ppb. Pool store suggests me to use PhosFree, but I learnt from this great forum that there is no need to use PhosFree as long as I keep proper chlorine level according to CYA.

My question is, since my phosphates level is so high, and I am still fighting to have my chlorine level hold,
(1) Do I need to use PhosFree?
(2) Do I need to worry about the high phosphates?
(3) Will the phosphates eventually be gone by itself?

Thank you!

No, no need to worry about phosphates. They will not go away on their own, but they will not cause any problems. It sounds like you need to go through the shock process, but I am not familiar with the AA treatment, so am not sure if there are any special steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.