Schoolcraft MI
So, pulled the cover off today and ran through my tf100

FC - 0
CC - 0
Ph - ~7.0 (a little higher)
Alkalinity - 100
Calcium - 110
CYA - Below 30

I have a mesh cover, so I'm sure that ran the calcium and CYA down pretty good.

On closing I had

FC - 10
CC - 1
PH - ~7.5
Alkalinity - ~100
Calcium - 350
CYA - 60

Pool calc has me putting in 2 jugs of 10% Bleach, 6lbs of Baking Soda, 40lbs of Calcium, ~7lbs of CYA to get me to 30

I'm not so sure I need to add so much calcium as my water is REALLY hard to start with and it will jut keep going up over the summer as I fill it.

Should I start with the CYA and the Bleach then go from there? I've got socks ready, just trying to find stabilizer locally.

You have a vinyl pool, your calcium is fine at 110. Did you run the pump and hour before testing the water? You want to make sure everything is well mixed before the first test of the season. If you did then go ahead and add the CYA and bleach.

OK, so I didn't really believe my numbers had changed so much. Ran the pump for another several hours and rechecked and I'm glad I did;

FC - 0
CC - 0
PH - 8
Alkalinity - 100
Calcium - 280
CYA - 35

At this point, I'm going to add the Bleach and check it in the morning. I'll do Muratic Acid in the morning.

Just running the pump though i can already see the bottom of my pool.

Wait did you add Calcium? Because 110 to 280 without adding any is not in the margin of error. I'd test again to make sure you are getting the correct results. How old are the reagents?

Vette said:
Wait did you add Calcium? Because 110 to 280 without adding any is not in the margin of error. I'd test again to make sure you are getting the correct results. How old are the reagents?

I verified it, tested twice. Brand new kit from Amazon. I'm thinking I just tested to soon, or my first test was way off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.