Moving Pump.

May 25, 2013
Hello, i want to move my pump to the outside of my deck. Currently it only has about 4 feet of hose from pool to pump. I need atleast 10 feet to get to the outside of my deck. I called the local pool place and she says thats the max it should be. If i go 10 feet i am gonna run into alot of trouble with pumping/filtering. Is this true? Any other suggestions on how to do this and it work? I cant get down low and crawl under the deck anymore to get to the pump due to my back. So my question is can i extend my pump 10 feet from the pool and it work just fine? If that does work do they make a relocation kit where i can cap off the old valves, cut new holes and put on the outside?

Thanks in advance. It's a 24" round 4 feet deep Intex pool.

Do you have the standard cartridge pump/filter combo that came with the intex? If so you may need to replace the pump and filter to one with a little more power. Most hardware stores carry the pool and spa hose in bulk so you can buy it by the foot. It is relatively cheap so I would go ahead and get a 10 foot section and see how the pump does before deciding if you need to replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.