Water coming out from underneath filter

May 24, 2013
I posted last night about my current pool equipment. You can read the details here.

need-help-with-1966-pool-is-what-i-currently-have-bad-news-t60559.html

However, this morning I went out to see how to implement some of Jason's ideas when I came across a much bigger problem. The first thing I noticed was the pool was about 8 inches lower than yesterday afternoon. Obviously a leak - but was unsure where. Walked over to the filter and water was pouring out from underneath. I took a quick video to show the extent of the leak. Pic of the filter attached as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsUT1MRbCvA&f

I then turned everything off and disconnected the filter. Flipped it on it's side and expected to see some sort of crack. Nothing. I can't see or feel anything major but I realize it might be a hairline. Kinda hard to pinpoint without it running - and no way to see the bottom while it's running.

I took the plug out and the o-ring was broken. Ah! I thought I had solved it. Ran up and bought a new plug and o-ring, came home and put it all back together. Leak is the same if not worse now.

Has anyone ever run across this problem before? Am I missing something obvious? Is it even something that can be fixed or should I start looking into buying a new filter?

Attachments

• Pool_Filter.jpg
    Pool_Filter.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 46
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.