Hose to water return leaks

May 21, 2008
Webb City Missouri
This is my second hose, I am using a vaccum hose that comes from my solar panel to return the warm water to the pool. It has a small steady leak, but when I went to use the Polaris pool cleaner today it came shooting out. I need about 25 foot hose and that is why I am using the vaccum hose which my pool place suggested. It is coming out around where the hose fits into the attachement, not at the pool itself. Is there an adapter I might use, hey I got desperate and put plumbing putty around it but I doubt if that is a permanent solution. as you can tell I am new at this and do not know the terminolgy of connections, so I hope this makes sense.

Well I fixed the problem, but thought I would pass it on to others how I did it. I put aquarium silicone on it and covered it heavy. It says to put it on a dry item, but that was impossible without draining some water out of the pool, so I just kept layering it on and let it set overnight and NO LEAK NOW. I went to the hardware store and bought it for 6 where the pool place wanted 16, just said aquarium versus pool. I believe it will be permanent but time will tell but it is solved for now.

hose to jet still leaking

Well I posted it worked putting the aquarium silicone on the hose, well it didn't hold long. It is a slow drip when the filter is on, but the minute I put the Polaris turtle on it, it gushes out. I really need some advice on what to do. This is the second hose, so and I hate to buy a third and still have the same problem. I am using the vaccum hose as this is what I need in length to get to my solar panels.

AGP 18x33 oval
21 inch tank 1 1/2hp Hayward Sand
3 solar panels
stupid owner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.