Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hose to water return leaks

1. Back To Top    #1

Hose to water return leaks

This is my second hose, I am using a vaccum hose that comes from my solar panel to return the warm water to the pool. It has a small steady leak, but when I went to use the Polaris pool cleaner today it came shooting out. I need about 25 foot hose and that is why I am using the vaccum hose which my pool place suggested. It is coming out around where the hose fits into the attachement, not at the pool itself. Is there an adapter I might use, hey I got desperate and put plumbing putty around it but I doubt if that is a permanent solution. as you can tell I am new at this and do not know the terminolgy of connections, so I hope this makes sense.
    Tysnest

18x33 AGP
    16000 gallons
    Waterford 1 1/2 HP/2speed
    Waterford High Rate Sand Filter 21 inch tank
    SunGrabber Solar Panels 3 2x20 ft panels
    New at this pool and clueless

2. Back To Top    #2

Well I fixed the problem, but thought I would pass it on to others how I did it. I put aquarium silicone on it and covered it heavy. It says to put it on a dry item, but that was impossible without draining some water out of the pool, so I just kept layering it on and let it set overnight and NO LEAK NOW. I went to the hardware store and bought it for 6 where the pool place wanted 16, just said aquarium versus pool. I believe it will be permanent but time will tell but it is solved for now.
    Tysnest

18x33 AGP
    16000 gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

hose to jet still leaking

Well I posted it worked putting the aquarium silicone on the hose, well it didn't hold long. It is a slow drip when the filter is on, but the minute I put the Polaris turtle on it, it gushes out. I really need some advice on what to do. This is the second hose, so and I hate to buy a third and still have the same problem. I am using the vaccum hose as this is what I need in length to get to my solar panels.

AGP 18x33 oval
    21 inch tank 1 1/2hp Hayward Sand
    3 solar panels
    stupid owner
    Tysnest

18x33 AGP
    16000 gallons

4. Back To Top    #4
    I'm not sure what you are dealing with. Can you post some pictures to show your setup?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat