No CYA

lgdods

May 10, 2013
I finally opened up our 18x33 AGP 2 days ago. I did a test with tf100 and had no chlorine and no cya. I put in a gallon of 8 % bleach and 4.4 lbs of stablizer. I retested tonight after running pump for 24 hours. Have FC of .5 and still no cya. I added another gallon of 8% bleach. Should I add in more stablizer or give it a little longer?

My pH was at a 7.5 but after adding the stablizer it is down to 7.2. Should I worry about this right now?

Do I need to put any algaecide in it as it is very green?

This is my first time as a TFP user!

After you add solid stabilizer you should give it a week to fully dissolve and show up on the test before adding more.

Your PH is fine for now.

If the pool is green and cloudy/murky then you need to shock the pool. See the instructions on shocking in Pool School.

Algaecide is not particularly useful for fighting an algae bloom, it is much better at preventing one in the first place. Once algae gets going you need to shock.

So if i use the pool calculator im aiming for a FC level of 10 then? That
Amounts to two jugs of my bleach. Does that sound right for the
Shock? How long do i need to keep this FC level until algae is oxidized? Thx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.