Just removed my light fixture - shorted out and old

G

As part of shocking the pool, I pulled the light housing out - as it was shorted and had some water in it.

To my surprise the Pentair bulb housing has model numbers "Series" 7885xxx, 7845xxx, and 7895xxx. It says to use with 7821xx, 7822xx, 7823xx, 7906700, 79208900.

The big surprise is - that it says use with fresh water only - and I just converted to a salt system...Arggh. I inherited the pool when I bought the house last year - with little information form the owner.

I'm pretty sure I can find a replacement gasket, and get the unit re-installed.

Does the pool need to be drained to replace the housing with a newer salt friendly model - why does it really matter as long as the ph & alkalinity are maintained?

I think their statement about "freshwater" only, really means to not use it in a ocean-type environment. The SWG pools (3500ppm salt) are closer to freshwater than to the ocean (35,000ppm salt). In fact many non-SWG pools can pretty easily get over 1000ppm of salt just from that added by the various forms of chlorine.

Bottom line ... the fixture should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.