Pool remodel recommendations in LA?

reewit

May 24, 2013
I am trying hard to find a reputable company to redo my large pool in Los Angeles. Can anyone make a recommendation, having had a great experience? Also hearing that white plaster causes lots of issues. Is it worth doubling the cost to Have Pebblefina Classico Premium Finish? Help please!

Regarding recommending a remodeling firm to assist you I don't have one I can recommend but seeing as there has been no replies I will try and help. First - welcome to TFP. What research have you done online - Googled pool replaster companies? Have you checked the websites of the pool builders/remodelers in the greater LA area? Have you obtained any quotes yet?

What I recomend first before contacting them, most should list their license # somewhere listed on their website - check their license # against the CA Contractors State License board to make sure their license is current:
https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/CheckLicense.aspx
then I would check out online review sites like Yelp (free) or Angies's list (you need to be a member) to get user reviews for the companies you’re looking at.

Regarding white plaster there are many people who have good success with white plaster having it last much longer than its warranty period as long as it's taken care of properly. My parents pool went 25 years with its original plaster finish but in retrospect it should have been replastered at around the 20 year mark. What problems have you heard are wrong with white plaster?

Regarding pebble finishes they offer a more durable finish compared to plaster with color options which improve the esthetics, only you can put a value on the esthetic part but increased longevity is something to consider when considering overall value. Hopefully some users can offer their thoughts on this upgrade.

Thanks for your help. I have gotten some quotes. I checked all the contractor licenses. But this is an outlay of cash more than any car I have ever purchased and exceeded only by what I have paid for a house!
Thus, I am reticent to commit to a contractor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.