sticky pump motor

rlefig

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Reading, MA
Hi I am going to someday be moving into a short sale house (once the sellers bank gives the word) with pool that needs a new filter and pump motor. The motor at first only hummed and did not start and then blew a breaker. I separated the motor from the housing and removed the diffuser (oooh the technical terms). I then spun the impeller and it barely moved, but once it did it, which only took another second or so of coaxing, it moved well. I plugged it in again and it started fine. Since then I have plugged it in more than 5 times over a couple without issue every time it started fine.

So my question is should I lube it with anything? Anything else I should do? The rubber rings look good.

Here is a picture of motor specs.

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

• pump motor.jpg
    pump motor.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 22
There is no noise like car wheel bearings. I guess I will just budget for replacement one day. I will run more tests and if it starts every time hope for the best for now. The motor had not been started in awhile.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.