Pool safety & laws/ordinances in Scottsdale, AZ

surferbum

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2013
North Scottsdale
My understanding of the laws/ordinances governing pool safety in Scottsdale, AZ are the following:
  • Doors: Self-close & latch @ 54" (all)[/*:m:26d8crop]
  • Gates: Self-close & latch @ 54", opens outwards (all)[/*:m:26d8crop]
  • Windows: Not required (Scottsdale) /// Latch @ 54", wire mesh screens, key locks(AZ state law & Maricopa county)[/*:m:26d8crop]
  • Alarms: Primary barrier, battery operated @ 54", garage ok (Scottsdale * Maricopa county) /// Secondary barrier only (AZ state law)[/*:m:26d8crop]
What do people do for the battery operating alarms?

Not sure what you are looking for?

In Tucson City, you have to have a barrier fence, the doors/windows/alarms do not apply because you have to have a fence.
In Pima County (outside of Tucson city), the house can count as the barrier if the doors are self-closing/self-latch OR you have an alarm on the door. And the windows have to have a high latch.

Granted I have not looked into this stuff is many years, so maybe some things have changed (like where you say they are AZ state law).

Re: Pool safety & laws/ordinances in Scottsdale, AZ

3 years ago in Phoenix: no fence because I had a self closing door with a handle up high. Put in temporary locks on windows facing backyard. Side gate had to open to outside away from pool and self closing. Minimal gap area between bottom of gate and ground. Sorry I don't remember specifics

jblizzle said:
Not sure what you are looking for?

Thanks for the reply. It appears that for a pool in Scottsdale, AZ that you don NOT need a barrier fence as long as you make the door entrances auto-closing and locking. I was looking for confirmation on this from the TFP audience.

Secondly, I was asking if there are any alarms which people recommend and why?

Lasting: Is there anyway to change so that I get updates daily for this forum rather than immediately?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.