Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RC Cars?

1. Back To Top    #1

RC Cars?

Anyone else into RC cars? I run mostly nitro but also have a 1/5 scale two stroke and a couple of electrics.
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

2. Back To Top    #2

My son runs them. He works for CRC ( RC cars and parts) in Rome, NY. He runs gas and electric. When he was young (16 and 17 years old), he traveled the country racing for Class Products.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

3. Back To Top    #3

years ago I bought an original T-Maxx and sunk WAY too much money into hop-up parts and mods... it now sits on a shelf in the garage because my 2 year old is TERRIFIED of it when it's running... maybe he'll grow to enjoy it. It's crazy how a $400 toy can quickly turn into a $2000+ titanium monster!
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Ha.. Yea. I have about $1900 into mine. Below are some pics.

I currently own:

3.3 T-MAXX
    3.3 JATO
    VXL Stampede
    Trinity NOW
    AE T3
    Losi Micro DT
    Firehammer MT

2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

5. Back To Top    #5
    I started building an RC Submarine last fall. It's somewhat done, can drive it around the pool now, it just doesn't submerge yet (which will be the tricky part ).

It gives me yet another way to have fun with the pool though
    Jim

6. Back To Top    #6

Not big into RC cars, but I do like to play around. I have an original RC10 (gold tub) that I've had forever. It has a broken front tie right now, but it still runs great.

I also have a 2.5 Rustler Nitro (new model) that's a blast to run.

John

7. Back To Top    #7
    Hey a woman in the convo I used to race them with my dad in the northeast for years at roller skating rinks...before they built rc only raceways. I was pretty darn good and my dad always supermodified them. Never ran gas or nitro though that would be fun! I went right from racing rcs to racing snocross snowmobiles in the RMR circuit. Never really did get the race blood out of me. My hubby is trying to get my older two kids into go carts Just love the smell of that nitro!Since we moved not really sure if there are rc tracks down here???
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

8. Back To Top    #8

JJdurrant, nice truck! I dabble a little in the RC world myself:

Vehicles:
    Traxxas Revo
    Traxxas nitro rustler
    Traxxas nitro 4tec
    Traxxas e-maxx (good for camping)

Planes:
    Nitro Magic
    Electric brushless Adrenaline
    Electric brushless carbon fiber slow-stick

Boats:
    Electric academy hydro
    Electric wave shark
    2 Zig Zag racers
    Deep Vee gasser under construction

http://web.mac.com/gunkel04/Site/Home.html
    41k pool, Pentair Intelliflo VS main pump, Jandy stealth 3hp water feature pump, Jandy stealth 3hp spa pump, Jandy LX 400 heater, Pentair 4000 DE filter, Jandy Aqualink RS controls, Jandy aquapure chlorine generator, 2 Pentair pool SAm lights, 1 Pentair SAl spa light. 4 Jandy deck jets, 1 Jandy sheer decent, Rico rock water fall.

9. Back To Top    #9

Check this power pack out...

http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/hobby_rc.htm

Now just figure out how to capture the hydrogen that bubbles off your SWCG and store it and you'll have an endless clean burning fuell supply for free...
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...