Floatron = less chemicals ?

wadeo

May 23, 2012
Split by moderator from old thread HERE. jblizzle

Chasville -

I was doing some research about this floatron thing and came across this post.
You said that you took it out of your pool for awhile and was wondering if you cleaned up your pool and put it back in.

I see the majority of reviews for this thing as very positive and a true savings when it comes to chemicals.
I would love to use less chemicals when things get out of whack and having to fight a algae outbreak.

Does this work have you tried it once more... I would love to learn about your findings after using it for several years.

Thanks!

Re: Ionizer and ozone

wadeo said:
Chasville -

I was doing some research about this floatron thing and came across this post.
You said that you took it out of your pool for awhile and was wondering if you cleaned up your pool and put it back in.

I see the majority of reviews for this thing as very positive and a true savings when it comes to chemicals.
I would love to use less chemicals when things get out of whack and having to fight a algae outbreak.

Does this work have you tried it once more... I would love to learn about your findings after using it for several years.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

You won't find many of those good reviews here.

wadeo said:
BBB can prevent algae from happening in the first place. It was stated above that he still had "inherited" algae, which means the copper system wasn't killing it.

BBB users spend and use about a fraction of what those going to pool stores do.

Speedo said:
BBB users spend and use about a fraction of what those going to pool stores do.
What is BBB?

I'm kinda new to the forums as I have only had my pool one year. On several occasions the pool water got out of hand last year and it was a PITA getting back under control.

As of now everything is looking pretty good in my pool just getting ready to officially open my pool this weekend. The water is crystal clear and want to keep it that way with using the least amount of chemicals as possible. I feel like every trip to the pool store was 90 bucks down the drain and want to if possible eliminate these costly trips.

Thanks

BBB stands for bleach, baking soda, and borax. What it really MEANS is understanding your pool and only putting in what it needs. This usually means substantial money savings (see my signature) and virtually eliminates going to the pool store.

Take a look at the Pool School link in the upper right hand corner. When you're done reading that, ask us as many questions as you like.

so far this year I've spent, $0 :)

I had 10% from last season in the garage, it might be closer to 8-9% by now. Two seasons ago at high CYA levels, I was probably spending over $45/mo at today's prices. (liquid chlorine cost went up by $1.5 per 4gal, where I buy from) This season will most likely cost me around $33/mo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.