Intellichlor IC40 problems

May 23, 2013
I have an Intellichlor IC40 that is flashing the green salt light and the cell light. The salt has been checked and the level is not too high. I cleaned the cell and then the light would not come on at all, but the salt light continued to flash. I shut the system down by turning off the power at the breaker switch and when I turned it back on the cell light came back on and did not flash. I checked the cell life and we are at 60%. I went ahead and let out some water and added fresh to reduce some of the salt but the green salt light continues to flash. After several hours of running, the cell light will flash again too. The only way to get it to run a solid green is to reboot the system by shutting it all the way down.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

Welcome to TFP!

The IC40 is convinced your salt level is too high. When you power it down it forgets it's recent salt measurement, and takes a while to build up an average reading before it is confident enough to flash to high salt light again.

The odds are very good that the salt level really is too high, though there are other possibilities. It is very unusual for an IC40 to fail in a way that shows a higher than actual salt reading, while it is very very common for salt test results to be wrong.

Thank you for the reply. When I power it down the salt light still flashes after a couple of minutes. It is the cell light that stays solid for 6-8 hours and then it begins to flash again. I will have the salt tested again and the chlorine. I am worried that it is not generating chlorine as the pool looks a bit cloudy today.

I had the same problem. The cell was reading 4600 at the panel and when I got the water tested it was 3100 at two different store locations.
I re-calibrated the cell. I have a 2.01 IC40 Pentair.

On the pro logic panel reads no power to salt cell then the number 2 right after that. I am guessing that is a code. I cannot find out what it means. I read from this site that it could be a relay. I have no idea where to find this relay. HELP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.