Clever ways to hide pool equipment...

HudsonViews said:
Looks like we may have to put our heater pump filter etc. 3 feet from fence line in middle of our yard :( Anyone with pictures of how you may have hid your equipment whether with plantings or fencing? Please share thoughts and pictures!!
Can you give us more details as to why it has to go there?

Has to be in back of house min. 3 ft from property line. Tight on rear space, pool behind house on right side of detached garage. Garage is 5 feet to property line cant go behind garage, or left of. Possibly on right of but would take away plantings. Figure best would be right property line. I like the lattice idea., the grass rock would not go at all. Its a beach setting with sand and rock yard.
Brookstone has some nice Faux boulders I was considering., but was looking tor something more elegant so to speak.

Well, since my stuff is just sitting out around the corner of the house, I have no photos to share.

Build a box over it, open at the back, with bamboo uprights and a thatch roof and have a bar installed on it. Dummy cabinet doors (or real ones, for access to valves) make it look like something other than equipment.

[attachment=0:3lxa4bqn]pumphider.gif[/attachment:3lxa4bqn]

Oops, forgot to draw bar stools. :oops:

Attachments

• pumphider.gif
    pumphider.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,977

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love the bar idea! I have a four tall zebra grasses surrounding my equipment. Not as fancy as the bar, but a lot more cost-effective. Allows me full access to everything and obscures it enough from view that you don't even realize it's there. I cut them down to the ground in the fall, and come spring time they grow so fast that at this tme of year, the equipment is almost fully obscured from view already

these panels are at Lowes for $20 each and they hook together with brackets and screws (included for straight or corners). also have metal pieces for sticking in the ground.

I think they are going to be even prettier with flowers planted around the base.

Attachments

• pump screen 2.jpg
    pump screen 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,708
Taterfink said:
these panels are at Lowes for $20 each and they hook together with brackets and screws (included for straight or corners). also have metal pieces for sticking in the ground.

I think they are going to be even prettier with flowers planted around the base.

What panels? Could you provide a link?

I would like to build something around my equipment to reduce some of the noise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.