Crawfish, FC & Fun- Loads of Pics

pragmatic

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2011
Friendswood, TX
We had a big swim party last Saturday; 15 adults, about a dozen kids and 4 dogs. We cooked about 100lbs of crawfish and 10lbs shrimp. I think the pool water would have withstood the people /dog swim-load, but I’m afraid the 2lbs of crawfish I found IN THE POOL the next morning is what took it over the edge.
I’m amazed how fast the water clouded and algae took hold! I even pretreated on Friday to get the FC up to 10ppm (my target was 5ppm). I can certainly see that I’ll have to raise my target FC over the summer swim season. Anyway, it was a nice day of fun and after 3days @ shock level, the water this morning is again crystal clear. Thanks again to TFP-Pool School :goodjob:
DSC_2056_zps62637436.jpg

DSC_2115_zps636cc4a4.jpg

I think these are the guilty crawfish-culprits
DSC_2124_zpsf8b8574e.jpg

DSC_2123_zps32ee5016.jpg

DSC_2127_zps4715d9f6.jpg

DSC_2128_zpsa0fca5e5.jpg

lol! Those crawfish are adorable (kids n dog)! :mrgreen:

I know when I would have a buncha kids over I would always bump the FC up. They would never fessed up to who would lower the FC! :shock: They'd just point fingers... lol I knew the dog would always exit the pool to pee and then jump back in! :mrgreen: I'm going to miss my lil swimmer this year... RIP Casey!

Great pics Prag!

Casey said:
lol! Those crawfish are adorable (kids n dog)! :mrgreen:

I know when I would have a buncha kids over I would always bump the FC up. They would never fessed up to who would lower the FC! :shock: They'd just point fingers... lol I knew the dog would always exit the pool to pee and then jump back in! :mrgreen: I'm going to miss my lil swimmer this year... RIP Casey!

Great pics Prag!
Thanks. All my favorite things~Family, Friends, Food & Fun..Glad it was an easy fix to get chemistry back to normal. But, I tell ya, I did not expect to be using sooo much bleach to keep the pool levels right. :rant: ..I'm using about 1 gallon every 4 days.

karmabiker said:
Right down the street!!
frustratedpoolmom said:
Um, next party I want an invite... ;-)
I certainly could have used some REAL eaters..most of them just picked and the "peelers" ended up peeling about 30lbs tails to freeze for later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.