R-0871 drops

Apr 2, 2007
Hi,

I bought a Taylor FAS-DPD test kit last week and I was testing the chlorine. I put two dippers of the DPD powder
and the water turned reddish. Afterwards, I added the R-0871 reagent drop by drop. I counted 30 drops before
I stopped. The solution still did not turn clear yet. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? thanks in advance.

rainman...the test worked right turning pink after that not. it is possible you grabbed the 0003 instead of the 0871. they both have yellow caps and by your results is what it will do. (ask me how I know :roll: ) try again if it you get the same result replace the 0871 or contact tayler if you think your cl is below 15.

The number of drops depends on what your free chlorine level is. I have had anywhere from 1 drop to over 100 drops depending on what FC level I was testing. Having a normal number would only happen if you maintain a uniform chlorine level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.