Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are my numbers OK or should I adjust them?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are my numbers OK or should I adjust them?

I am a new member to this forum and to the BBB and SWG. I have a 15,300 gal ABG with a new liner and new water and I am using the TF100 Kit. Here are my numbers:

Yesterday's Numbers

FC 3.5
    CC 0
    TC 3.5
    PH 7.2
    TA 100
    CYA 70

Today's Numbers

FC 5
    CC .5
    TC 5.5
    PH 7.5
    TA 110
    CYA 70

My SWG was running at 40% for 10 hours. I just realized today I had the timer set wrong, so that has been corrected. There has been a steady rain today. Do I need to adjust anything besides my SWG? and what causes CC?
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Your numbers look fairly good. You probably want to allow TA to fall to the 60 to 80 range. That will slow the rate of PH increase.

CC is formed when chlorine has partially broken down some organic contaminate. Eventually with continued reasonable chlorine levels it will break down further and go away. CC at 0.5 or lower is not normally a problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Jason!

I have been using your poolcalculator to balance my pool and it was a great help! I am not going back to the pool store. I did that for 10 years and I have had to replace my liner twice already. I hope this new one will last a long time with the help of this forum. Thank you for replying, Nancy
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

4. Back To Top    #4
    CC stands for combined chlorine. Free (available) chlorine + combined (used) chlorine = total chlorine.

The fact that you got a CC reading may well be due to the rain which can carry all sorts of contaminants and dump them into our pools. In rural Pennsylvania right now it's fertilizer and dust from tilling and planting.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.