Skimmer Weir Loud Banging

Apr 28, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Our swimming pool takes up 80%+ of our postage stamp backyard and is just a couple of feet from my bed. With the recent high winds, the skimmer door (I think I'm correct in calling this the weir?) is banging hard constantly and I'm not sleeping well at all. The sound is going right through the patio door. Is there any way to muffle the door safely, anything I can put on there? Is it safe to temporarily just prop it open or remove it or something during the night so I can sleep, until I can get a better solution?

If you don't run your pump at night, yes you can remove it until you get it figured out. My first thought is that your water level might be too low and causing it to bounce up and down a lot.

Tried some furniture pads with some added Gorilla Glue on the stop, time will tell if that will hold and if that does the trick.

My water level is not low, it's halfway up the tile (like maybe 1.5-2 inches from the top). If it were any higher the high winds might start blowing the water out of the pool :mrgreen:

We also got the pool cover working again, so that should help a lot as well. I think that's why the noise wasn't bothering me so much before. Like everything else in the pool and house, it looks like the cover wasn't ever maintained, lubed, or cleaned at all, so it's in dire need of TLC, and has only been working off and on. But saveable, I think, once we find time to work on it. I tell you, buying a house is quite an education in proper house maintenance, every time. We always try to inspect carefully, but if you don't really know what you're looking at, it's easy to miss just how bad some things are. And I think our inspector was a bit inept.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.