PH + now cloudy

May 22, 2013
Hi Folks,

Been learning from TFP for the last few weeks and my pool was all about fixed until I added 3lbs of PH+ this morning. Now water is very cloudy and has been since adding the PH. As soon as I added you could see it just clouding up. It was crystal clear right before I added. Probably too much at once, I guess that is another lessoned learned.

Here are my current readings:

FC - 6.0
CC - 0
PH - 7.4
TA - 110
CH - 150
CYA - 50

I guess the question is should I just leave it alone and see if it clears up overnight? Filter has been running for about 8hrs since I added the PH+ and still cloudy.

Thanks for the assistance.

Clarity improved very little over night. Water looks like fabric softener, I guess would be the best way to describe it.

PH is now 7.6 and TA is 120. CC is .2 but I guess it could have been .2 yesterday as well since I used the 10Ml method yesterday and this morning I went and used the 25Ml method. But no chlorine loss last night.

Since chemicals look fine, I guess I will continue to run filter and see if it improve. Unless, anyone has any suggestions I could try.

I got the same reaction. Yikes!!!
In my case, though, I'd apparently somehow misread the test results which were pretty perfect, and thought the pH was low. It really wasn't, but my adding Washing Soda pushed the pH up to 8. It took about 24 oz. of MA to bring it back to range for my pool. And yes, I felt like a fool. :hammer:
Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.